Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

is there any way to have the sender machine login with a different user id as to the receiver?

we have users in a remote location that we want to use RGS to connect in with, but we need to provide them with different accounts at the sender location as opposed to what they login with on their local workstation.

This wouldn't be collaboration mode, it would just be connecting via RGS to the remote machine and then logging in there with a different user account?

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If I understand your question correctly, you want to have a user log in on the sender by using a different username and password than the one that is on their receiver.  As long as the sender recognizes the userrname and password, meaning you have already added them to the sender machine, then it should work.  For example, when I am on a local system (receiver) using  my username as kelly and password as rgs123 for example, I can make an RGS connection and  log into the sender as kelly2 and rgs345 provided that I already have this second username and password on the sender machine.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.