Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)
macOS 10.12 Sierra

the rgs receiver software on the mac is not a good mac citizen, i am afraid to report.

whenever the system calls a restart (eg, automatic security updates overnight), hp rgs receiver refuses to quit and halts the whole process. i don't really see a good reason why rgs could just not play along and respond to the quit message properly. hp rgs holds no state, has not data, so it might as well quit.

maybe this can be fixed in future update?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Let me look into this.  Will reply back to forum shortly.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

What is your RGS receiver version you are using on your MAC?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

build date oct 5 2017

this is btw another issue: the text in the about window of your mac app should be select & copyable. 

HP Recommended

any more comments on this issue? will this be fixed in an upcoming release? thx

HP Recommended

v7.5 has the same issue

can this be moved along? there is no good reason why rgs would not quit immediately. after all, the remote session is still active, so no info gets lost.

can this behavior be changed? macos system call for restart should not trigger a complaint in rgs. or make it optional (more work) to quit immediately.

HP Recommended

Already responded to your first issue but will also look into this one as well.  Will also check to see if this is a known issue.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Update on this issue.  I have filed a defect to see if we can fix this behavior. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.