Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RGS 7.3
Linux

Hi,

I am working in a production company doing VFX remotely from Prague to London. I have a stable dedicated internet line of 80MBit up- and down-link and a solid 30ms ping. When working under Maya on my remote Linux (Centos6) workstation via RGS 7.3 I am getting periods of smooth workflow and often periods of very laggy workflow. My image quality is set to 39% and we are running a VPN connection. When doing bandwidth test we are getting solid and predictable results, though. What could this be caused by in your experience?

RGS server HPZ XXX, Linux - Centos 6, Dual Xeon CPU and Nvidia Quatro.

RGS receiver HP Z2 mini G3, quad core Xeon, quatro m6xx

RGS version 7.3

Regards,

Max

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You mention you are using RGS 7.3.  Is it 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2 or 7.3.3? Have you tried using the latest released version, RGS 7.4.0?  There are performance improvements that have been made.  I would suggest using HP Velocity but you are using VPN, and it does not properly with VPNs.  We are currently working on this issue for the next RGS release sometime in early 2018.   Also, in the user guide, there are some performance optimizations that you can try, not sure if you have looked into this or not. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.