03-29-2019 07:06 PM
Every time I turn on my laptop I get a blue bar asking: Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password. I've checked other forums with this issue and the system disabled message I get is [i 68131458] but the default bios for that code ( from ) does not work. I cant take the battery out because i dont have the neccessary tools. I'm at my witts end and need this issue solved immediately. Also I tried to got the default bios password from https://bios-pw.org but that still did not work.
03-30-2019 01:26 PM
Our Community cannot provide the information you seek.
I realize this is hard to hear.
This policy, implemented by HP on our Community forum as of this year, is meant to provide for the safety and security of your data.
We cannot prove your identity, nor can we determine ownership of the device.
We cannot "take your word for it" as this bypasses the intent of having security on the computer.
I can offer the following advice:
Contact HP Technical Support in your region.
Open a case, explain the issue, and ask for help.
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option: Contact HP Technical Support - Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.