Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had the Hp Envy 360 for about a month. I am having several different problems with the trackpad and cursor.

Listed below are the consistant problems:

1. The blinking text cursor will get stuck in between text lines and can't click to the desired space

2. Unable to scroll using the trackpad

3. Trackpad and cursor seem to me mismatched

4. Unable to click where I need to to

Have not tried anything really to fix it other than two finger scrolling to "unstick" screen to get the cursor to respond.

Does anyone know why this issue is? Or how to fix it? 

This is a brand new computer from Best Buy. 

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lhumphrey24,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, the touchpad is not functioning as expected.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Are you facing the issue right out of the box? 

Were there any recent software changes made? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Power Drain: 

1. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

4. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

5. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

6. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

Uninstall and reinstall Touchpad drivers: 

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.

2. In device manager, expand category “Mice and other pointing devices”.

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touhpad driver and click on Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically

Bios Update: Refer to this document and follow steps to update BIOS.

Run Hardware test for touchpad from UEFI Click Here.

You could refer to this article for more information on Touchpad: Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Let me know how this goes,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.