Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 156 Touch Screen Laptop f
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Cursor jumps to the left and down.  Using touchpad only, not mouse. Bought computer last month- October and having this problem since then.  

Updated BIOS  - got a bit better, but the problem persists

Installed latest driver

Removed the way to move the screen using fingers on the touchpad

Touchpad set to low sensitivity

Nothing is on the touchpad for it to move

Touch screen not activated

Restarted the notebook several times 

Windows 10

The problem is so bad that I was able to capture it in two separate videos on my iPhone today- I was holding the iPhone in my left hand with nothing touching the touchpad for it to move to the left, down.  I can post the link to the video clips upon request.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sshanker,

Good day.Thank you for visiting the HP support forums again. I reviewed the case. I will be glad to assist you. 

To assist you correctly I would require some information.

• Please let me know the complete product# and model# of the notebook to assist you correctly.
  • Did this occur after a recent software or Windows update?
  • DId you run hardware diagnostics on the touchpad?

I require the model# of the computer to assist you correctly. Furnish the quested information to assist you accurately.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I'm working now with a case manager on the escalation dept. The touchpad or the computer is defective.

Extremely disappointing, but the case manager is doing his best to help the cause.

HP should do more testing on its computers before selling them.

This issue hasn't been solved yet but hopefully it will be soon.

HP Recommended

@Sshanker,

I read the response.I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thank you for visiting the HP support forums

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.