Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 -po17c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen had been working great for over two years. After an update 0n 2-14-2018 my HID-compliant touch screen is missing under device manger. I have tried every type of trouble shooting information and done sfc /scannow, Repair-windows and other using Windows PowerShell (Admin).  There are no corruptions files found. This is a 10-point capacitive touchscreen but my system state no pen or touch input is available for this display (Why?). Before if there were a n issue with the touch screen I would do a View Hiden apps and disable or uninstall the HID-compliant touch screen and restart and the screen would star working again.  Now nothing I do would start it up again.

Why don't HP have a fix for this? I have tried ALL HP SOLUTIONS and nothing works. The next step is RECOVERY.

This is not the first computer that I had this issue with TOUCH SCREEN. 

Can this is be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JamesH65

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand the touchscreen isn't working anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if it works on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue?

If not, I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website, if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JamesH65

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand the touchscreen isn't working anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if it works on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue?

If not, I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website, if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I follow the steps in your post (BIOS screen) and all actions PASSED.  I check the Touch Screen and it did not work or Passed. I rebooted or restarted my computer and signed in and notice the touch screen was working. I open Device Manager and checked for HID-Compliant Touch Screen and it was there , now.  Checked for update and restarted computer and now the touch screen is working properly, YES!.  I ran another HP diagnostic check and Touch Screen Check ran ok and PASSED. I created a Restore Point and ran File History backup.

Thanks, because using the HP hardware diagnostic tool tests on the BIOS screen are the only fixes that have worked and I have tried over ten ways to resolved this issue.

HP Recommended

@JamesH65

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to you for your help. Still working great.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.