11-14-2017 07:22 AM
Hello. My HP Simplepass is not working. I mean whenever I am swiping my registered finger on the fingerprint scanner, I get a message that says "Authentication failed. Please try again." I tried updating my driver and re-registering my finger print but the problem still persits. Please help me fixing it.
11-15-2017 11:21 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums :)
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand the HP Simple Pass isn't working anymore,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
When was the last time it worked?
Have you attempted a system restore to an earlier date it had been working?
Did you attempt to update the BIOS?
While you respond to that, here are a few steps that should help your cause:
Update the BIOS
Enable biometric support
Check for Windows support
Clean the fingerprint reader
Update the device driver
Update the fingerprint reader software
Find new device drivers if you changed operating systems
Click here for Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Using the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Feature with HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Creating and Managing Groups in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Password Management and Recovery in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Adding Subscription Keys to Your HP Touchpoint Manager Account
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Managing Users in HP Touchpoint Manager