Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy k203tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. My HP Simplepass is not working. I mean whenever I am swiping my registered finger on the fingerprint scanner, I get a message that says "Authentication failed. Please try again." I tried updating my driver and re-registering my finger print but the problem still persits. Please help me fixing it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alahiri069

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the HP Simple Pass isn't working anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

When was the last time it worked?

Have you attempted a system restore to an earlier date it had been working?

Did you attempt to update the BIOS?

While you respond to that, here are a few steps that should help your cause:

• Update the BIOS 

• Enable biometric support 

• Check for Windows support 

• Clean the fingerprint reader 

• Update the device driver 

• Update the fingerprint reader software 

• Find new device drivers if you changed operating systems 

Click here for Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.