Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

The mouse jumps randomly to the upper right corner. It doesn't work correctly. I have tried using a wireless mouse, but this doesn't solve the issue. When it is jumping, the touch screen does not work as well. It is very frustrating as my computer is about 1 month old.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ckim

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the mouse jumps to upper right corner or is erratic,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you run a touchscreen calibration test?

If you've already used an external mouse and it has the same issue, it looks like the touchpad isn't the issue, instead it seems to be the touchscreen.

here's what I recommend you do:

Also, to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS, if the issue persists, 

You could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue. 

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I run a touchscreen calibration?

HP Recommended

@ckim

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

here are the steps to calibrate the screen:

1. In Windows, search for and open Tablet PC Settings.

2. Tablet PC Settings window opens. On the Display tab, click Calibrate.

Figure : Calibrate selection in the Tablet PC Settings window

Calibrate selection in the Tablet PC Settings window
  3. Follow the on-screen directions to calibrate your screen.

Click Yes when prompted to save calibration data.

4. If the screen is still not calibrated correctly, undo the calibration by clicking Reset on Tablet PC Settings.

Figure : Reset selection in the Tablet PC Settings window

swipe Reset selection in the Tablet PC Settings window
  5. When prompted, click Yes to allow the Microsoft Digitizer Calibration Tool to make changes to your computer.

The Digitizer Calibration Tool window opens to confirm that the calibration data was successfully removed.

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx,  same issue, jumpy mouse cursor, even if not using, tried everything I could find in any forum.  Finally solved by disabling "stylus/pen" driver under device hardware.  Not a single jump since.  

HP Recommended

i had the same issue with an HP 360X, disabled the "hid-complient pen" under Human Interface Devices and have not had an issue since. I do not use the pen.

HP Recommended

It could be caused by the desk lamp, which EMI happened to trigger the stylus sensing and then the windows moved the cursor to the false style position.

HP Recommended

It could be caused by the desk lamp, which EMI happened to trigger the stylus sensing and then the windows moved the cursor to the false style position.

HP Recommended

It took me around a year but

Solution: 

-Press Windows + X

go to:

Device manager

Under Human interface devices:

H ID- compliant pen

right click, disable device

Done.

HP Recommended

Agree. It took me a bit less time (a couple of months), but I found the same thing. After a windows update I had to repeat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.