Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
My Ps2 keybord stops working on windows 8 laptop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Babacedi, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that your PS2 keyboard has stopped working on your windows 8 laptop.

HP laptops are not shipped with PS2 ports on it.So how are you connecting the PS2 keyboard to the laptop?

However, try few troubleshooting steps mentioned below.

Disconnect the device from the computer.
Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.
Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:
In Windows 8, click StartStart button, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
Double-click Keyboard, right-click the keyboard that you use, and then click Uninstall.

Note If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Go to the next step.
Restart the computer.
First, turn on the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a wonderful day ahead!:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Babacedi, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that your PS2 keyboard has stopped working on your windows 8 laptop.

HP laptops are not shipped with PS2 ports on it.So how are you connecting the PS2 keyboard to the laptop?

However, try few troubleshooting steps mentioned below.

Disconnect the device from the computer.
Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.
Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:
In Windows 8, click StartStart button, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
Double-click Keyboard, right-click the keyboard that you use, and then click Uninstall.

Note If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Go to the next step.
Restart the computer.
First, turn on the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a wonderful day ahead!:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
thanks it works
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.