Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Spectrex360 P0A58AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I purchased the Spectrex360 convertible on Dec 13th, 2016. The problem started from June,17. The mouse pointer constantly moves towards the top edge at the middle of the screen without any control, and it goes on continuously till I shut down the laptop.Initially, it was not that much, but now it is completely out of control.

I have pretty much the same problem as @dbronstein88 ("Spectre x360 mouse point goes wacky"https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-mouse-point-goes-wacky/t...).

I tried to reboot but that didn't work. I also disabled the driver for touchscreen, but after few minutes, the mouse again starts moving up and down.

I really need some help beacuse currently I can't do any work on the laptop.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Tamal_Batabyal,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the cursor moves to top automatically, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried a clean boot on your computer?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Recommend you run a virus check on your computer using Windows defender or any other antivirus installed on your computer.

If the issue persists even after the virus check. 

Perform a clean boot on your computer. Click here

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

If the issue persists, open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Select the troubleshooter and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, please do a right-click on the Windows button and open device manager. 

Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Right-click on the touchpad and uninstall it. 

Restart your computer and check. 

Refer to this Microsoft post for other suggestions. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83,

Nothing seems to work.

1. clean boot done (I had to install few programs again after a clean boot)

2. mouse driver update done

3.  virus checked

but the pointer is still moving vertically.  Two of my labmates are having the same problem with Spectrex360. Can you honestly tell me whether this problem appears only in few Spectrex360 products (in that case HP is selling defective products, which is not at all expected!!!) or it's a generic issue with Spectrex360?

Any better solution?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Recommend you perform a reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support team to check on the service options. 

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_830

I tried to reset my laptop. Initially it stopped moving, but after 15 mins, the cursor again starts moving vertically.

I also ran the mouse test, and it passed.

I went through the replies and solutions in different threads addressing the same issue. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. I guess this is a hardware problem. But I need a solution before reinstalling the deleted apps, because it's a hassle. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi Chimney_83,

I tried to reset my laptop. Initially it stopped moving, but after 15 mins, the cursor again starts moving vertically.

I went through the replies and solutions in different threads addressing the same issue. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. I guess this is a hardware problem. But I need a solution before reinstalling the deleted apps, because it's a hassle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
HP Recommended
Hi @Chimney_83 ,

Please ignore the previous two texts.

I tried to reset my laptop. Initially the cursor stopped moving, but after 15 mins, the cursor again starts moving vertically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Seems to be a hardware issue, recommend you contact our phone support team to check on the service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.