Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Z3L84UA#DABA
I have reset and my mouse/Touchpad is still not working
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sheilabrothers,

Thanks for the update,

Please do perform the steps I had suggested in the previous post related to Windows login password and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @sheilabrothers

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the touchpad is not working on your computer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2fBFwK9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I can not try the links the computer has locked me out and stating this feature requires removable device such as a USB flash drive ..Can someone please help this is a new computer!!!!
HP Recommended
No..please see post below
HP Recommended

Hi @sheilabrothers,

Thank you for replying,

I understand you are unable to follow the steps suggested in the previous post as the computer has locked you out. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Are you referring that computer is locked and you are unable to boot into Windows?

Is it stuck on Windows login password?

Could you elaborate more on the issue, as this will help me in further assisting you?

If this is related to Windows login password, please attempt to follow these steps:

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution: Let us guide you through the solution

Microsoft account

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet. See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password.

For more details: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello,

The computer locked when I was not using it, I went to login back and it tells me I have entered the incorrect password
HP Recommended
Also there was no disk with the computer when I set the password.
HP Recommended

Hi @sheilabrothers,

Thanks for the update,

Please do perform the steps I had suggested in the previous post related to Windows login password and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for all your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.