02-13-2020 11:47 AM
Tried to install a new driver for the touchscreen in order to use an active pen that HP support recommended to me would work with my model. Unfortunately, pen does not work and now the touchscreen does not work either. Touchscreen cannot be found under Device Manager HID components. Nor can it be found or seen in BIOS Component list. Tried to reinstall drivers - nothing works. Please help!!
02-17-2020 04:22 PM - edited 02-17-2020 04:22 PM
@Dominizer13 Greetings from the HP Community!
Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:
- If not done already, check if it works fine on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
- If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
- However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction and you'll need to Contact HP to have it repaired.
While you respond to that, I have a few more steps that should help:
Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.
If the Touchscreen isn't appearing on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,
If it works on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here
if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue,
use this link for details on performing the recovery: Click here
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-21-2020 05:55 AM
@riddle_decipher thx a lot for proposing a solution.
1. I tried going via BIOS - no success
2. Mouse is stable and behaves as expected
3. Attempted to run a hardware test, but only the mouse test can be found. Other tests don't show sign of the touchpad
4. I updated the BIOS driver successfully. I updated the touchpad driver
Unfortunately, none of the above solves the issue. So I begin to be afraid that this means hardware failure...
I will try to reinstall windows during the weekend to see if that helps and get back to you with the result. Would appreciate if you might have any other ideas.