Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there. I recently had a problem the other day with my touch screen not working. I think it might be related to the fairly frequent overheating of my device. I have the HP Spectre 360 (2-in-1) with an Intel Core i7 7th Gen. 

I did all that was recommended in this post to no effect on Saturday evening 6/2.  Had to give up as it got late. Some of the suggested downloads did not work for me - see pictures below. Also discovered I don't have the HID Touchscreen driver and thought that was disconcerting.

Next day touchscreen was still not working. In looking up overheating problems I stumbled upon a few suggestions and did a reboot switch the mode from "Performance" to "Balanced" and for some reason after that the touch screen worked again. Very weird. Will keep HP updated on if this is an issue again. Fingers crossed! 

firmware update not working.pnggraphics update not working.pngno HID Touchscreen driver.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.