10-12-2018 07:33 AM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues with the audio not working after the recent windows update. Don't worry we'll work together to help you resolve this issue.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Have you tried to uninstall the audio drivers from device manager?
Did you try to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant.
HP and Intel are working together to provide a fix at the earliest.
As a workaround, request you open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button/menu.
1. Expand "Sound, Video and Game controllers" or under "other devices" in Device manager.
2. To find the audio drivers installed on your computer.
3. Right-click on the audio drivers listed there and uninstall the Intel high definition audio and Realtek audio drivers listed there.
4. Delete the drivers if prompted during the uninstall process.
5. Once done, click on View and select Devices by connection on the Device manager.
6. Expand PCI Express Root complex and right-click on Intel Smart Sound technology Audio controller and uninstall the device.
7. Make sure to delete the driver if prompted during the uninstall process.
8. Once done, click on Action and Scan for hardware changes twice in the device manager.
9. Close device manager.
10. Open Settings from the Windows menu.
1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.
Eagerly waiting for your response!
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee