Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
[serial number removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello everyone, i mistakenly deleted my hid compliance touch screen driver and have done all i could to get it back but no avail. please i need to get the touch screen working please help, or better still if you know any site i can download it from. thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tejumoanu,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you uninstall HP Support Assistant from Control panel - Programs and features.

Restart the computer and then I would suggest you run a sfc /scannow on your computer.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Once done, restart the computer and then download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant using this link. 

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, have tried everything you typed but the touch screen is still not working 

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @tejumoanu,

The best way to identify if this is either a hardware or a software issue is by checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen

(Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it does not work in the Bios then it's clearly a hardware issue. 

If it works on the Bios screen then this could be a software related issue. As you have already tried updating the drivers and nothing worked.

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to perform a system reset on the PC.

You may follow the steps suggested in this support document for  - HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

For some reason, if this does not help then I would suggest you could try to use HP Cloud Recovery Tool which allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive.

If this option does not work then you can follow this link: HP PCs - Obtaining PC Recovery USB Drives or Discs Or else you may contact our HP support team to help you order a set of recovery media for your PC.

HP support team can be reached on this link

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.