Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-w012nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I recently bought an active stylus (1MR94AA) for my 2-in-1 laptop (Spectre x360 13-w012nb), but it does not work at all with my laptop.

What can I do to solve this problem? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dilo1905 

I am sorry you are disappointed.

I cannot find any evidence to indicate this computer supports an active stylus.

The device is not listed in the compatibility document (below) nor do other references to which I have access show support for a stylus.

Product introduced October 2016

Product name and website support homepage:

X9Y68EA HP Spectre x360 - 13-w012nb

Find a Stylus for your computer

First, find the computer's Model name - this is important since not all touchscreen notebooks support a stylus.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

Open document:  HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “check mark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

How to Search the Compatibility Document 

• Open the document in your browser
  • Click open both (all) categories (business and consumer) to expand the lists
  • Examine the lists to find a match to your computer model
  • Product Name contain an “m”? Consider this to be the same as the model with no “m”.
    • Example: HP Envy x360 15m-bp011dx is the same (and uses the same stylus) as HP Envy x360 15-bp011dx
  • Use CTRL-F to open the website search bar – type in the model type of your computer, leaving off the “HP” prefix and stopping just before OR just after the “dash” in the name. “Less is better”.
    • Example: Spectre x360 15-   or   Spectre x360  or  even just Envy x360 (no size designator)
  • If a match is found, examine the results to determine if there is a pen for your model group
    • Example: At this writing, matches for Spectre x360 15 include model groups: Spectre x360 15-ap0xx, Spectre x360 15-bl0xx
  • What about the “X*” notation in the Tilt Pen column? The pen is compatible.  Models marked with the asterisk have not been tested and may – or may not - provide full functionality.
  • What about “xx0xx” as compared to “xx1xx”? Frequently these are both the “same” (both support the same pen). 
    • Example: Envy x360 15-bq0xx is the same as Envy x360 15-bq1xx
    • If you are not sure, ask. (Know that response times vary widely – our community does not have access to the information and we, too, must ask to receive additional information.)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer.

me neither, I can’t find any information about it.

But the other models of spectre x360 do support this pen(1MR94AA), can this be related to my model too?

HP Recommended

@Dilo1905 

You are welcome.

No, sorry.  "Close" is not good enough in this case.

Many of the older products in the general x360 model group (and, in fact, many new products) do not support an active stylus.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.