Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
t630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello,

Currently I am testing with the new Windows 10 IoT 2019 LTSC image on our t630 clients with 2016 LTSB image. The new image is great so far, no problems with that.

I use a Task Sequence in HPDM 4.7 SP10 that first applies the new HP Windows 10 IoT 2019 LTSC image, than a lot of tasks with different configuration + bios update/configuration and at the end the task to turn back on the write filter to HPWM.

In the exact same task seqeuence with the old 2016 LTSB image this worked fine but with the new  image I see that the HPWM write filter is applied and the task sequence is finished (all green) BUT than after one or two minutes, the system does an unexpected reboot en the write filter is disabled.

I already tried different task sequence endings without any luck:

- reboot - HPWM enable

- reboot - HPWM enable - reboot

- HPWM enable - reboot

- UWF enable - HPWM enable

nothing works, everytime when the task sequence is completly finished, the t630 reboots and disables the write filter.

When I send a sepperate task afterwards to enable HPWM write filter, it works just fine. So the task itself is OK.

Versions I use:

HPDM 4.7 SP10

Write Manager 1.7.19

HPDM agent 4.7.3669.29648

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Did the Windows 10 IoT 2019 LTSC image file capture via HPDM? Or you downloaded from the HP website? If you downloaded it from the HP Website, please deploy it to a unit via USB key and capture the image from this unit. If the agent version in the image is lower than the agent in the HPDM repository, please update agent before capturing image.  Then import this image to the template sequence.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.