Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I bought the hp pen (1MR94AA) and followed the instructions to pair it with my HP Spectre ( Model 13-4030la) and it has not been able to work with my compute touch screen.  I have tried the options of installing drivers and uninstalling drivers, checked calibration, downloaded apps for cutomizing the pen, did the teouch screen tests, and I even changed the pen thinking it was defective for another one of the same model. Even though I have tried all of this, the touch screen is fin when I use my finger to write but it does not recognize the pen at all.  The pen is not activated on the touch screen when I tap on it and also it does not appear as a bluetooth device after taping or pressing on the 2 buttons. 

Is there anything I can do or a different reason why this is not working? 

Please help! I have been researching for solutions long and hard. 

Looking forward to a light at the end of the tunnel. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LLL6 

Sorry, tunnel remains dark.

Product introduced mid-2015

This notebook does not support an HP stylus.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

K8N39LA HP Spectre x360 - 13-4030la (ENERGY STAR)

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LLL6 

Sorry, tunnel remains dark.

Product introduced mid-2015

This notebook does not support an HP stylus.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

K8N39LA HP Spectre x360 - 13-4030la (ENERGY STAR)

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.