Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

True - most of the pens do not require HP Drivers and Windows knows enough about the "driver-less" pens to handle the HID setup.  Checking the data bits for my Elitebook's WACOM Pen, Device Manager confirms that Windows is driving the device.

Assuming the OP has the correct pen for the Spectre model, the other options that we have:

• Update Windows Updates - ideally the computer will run the latest version of Windows (v1803 at this writing)

• Update the HP Software and Drivers .  The drivers for "2018" list includes the BIOS (which is frustratingly vague about the specifics for the various Revisions).

This is a three year old system (introduced in July 2015).  Nonethless, if the notebook is running the latest version of Windows (v1803) it would seem to indicate the sub-system is capable of supporting the correct pen / stylus.

Frustrating, indeed.

If I find anything substantive to the driver set, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok, how do I do that?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I found this HP tilt pen driver...

TITLE: HP Tilt Pen Driver

VERSION: 1.0.0.5 REV: B PASS: 1

This package provides the service and filter driver that enables the tilt feature of the HP Tilt Pen in supported notebook models that are running a supported operation system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.exe

There is also this HP Pen Control software...

TITLE: HP Pen Control

VERSION: 2.0.0.26 REV: A PASS: 1

HP Pen Control software provides several different functions, and allows users to change the functions of the two barrel buttons on the HP Pen. This package is provided for supported computer models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82491.exe

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

Thanks.

Drariana has not yet told us which pen model she has purchased.

The 82491 lacks device information (in the cva) and the driver is not stated it for the Tilt -- nonetheless, this may be a "winner" if the driver at least allows the pen to work.  Good catch.

??

Waiting to see if we hear back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All we can do is hope.

The sp84007 file will not allow me to explore its file contents beyond the initial unzip.

The readme states this, which is not encouraging.

[Devices]
ACPI\VEN_ELAN&DEV_2514="ELAN EzTouchFilter"
ACPI\ELAN2514="ELAN EzTouchFilter"

[System Information]
SysId00=0x83B9
SysName00=HP Spectre x360 13 Convertible

[US.Enhancements]
- Provides support for Windows 10 version 1709.

[Install Execution]
Install="Setup.exe"
SilentInstall="Setup.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.