Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Recently bought an HP 250 G^ Notebook which comes with a free trial of Office 365.

I have installed Office 2007 with Outlook 2010 upgrade which is working mostly but I have issues with some options, like signatures.

The suggestion on Microsoft Forum is remove other versions of office so I want to remove the copy of Office 365 as I have no plan to upgrade to using it.

However, if I look at Control Panel-Programs and Features, it is not listed, so how do I remove it ?

Thanks,

Graham.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey,

You could try run a repair on Outlook 2010 if you haven't already? Find out how here;

I don't personaly know what the Microsoft Office Desktops Apps are, but you might look in here also:

In your apps and features within Win10 Settings might be the option for 'Get Office' that can be uninstalled too as this is Office 365/2016.

If you run a repair on your office, this might help overall. 

Let me know if not. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Graham,

It should be listed in the programs in the control panel.

The only thing I can think of is it's in your 'app cubes' (Not sure if this is what they're called 🙂 )

If you click the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen it should open the start menu, on the right side of that menu should be some cubes and one of which might have 'My Office' or 'Office' with the new O365 logo. If you right click on this and press uninstall, that should uninstall it from your system. 

Let me know if that's not the case and I'd be happy to help.

- C

HP Recommended

Thank you, I uninstalled them as you suggested and this time they have disappeard.

As yet it hasn't helped my Outlook 2010 configuration, but it's a step.

Do you know what 'Microsoft Office Desktop Apps' are ? They seem to be the same as Word, Excel etc. but they still exist in "Settings-Apps and Features" after doing the individual component de-installs. I thought about unistalling them as well but want to check that they are connected to the Office 365 installation and not my Office 2007 version.

Thanks,

Graham.

HP Recommended

Hey,

You could try run a repair on Outlook 2010 if you haven't already? Find out how here;

I don't personaly know what the Microsoft Office Desktops Apps are, but you might look in here also:

In your apps and features within Win10 Settings might be the option for 'Get Office' that can be uninstalled too as this is Office 365/2016.

If you run a repair on your office, this might help overall. 

Let me know if not. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much, I now have my system fully working.

I repaired both Outlook 2010 and Office 2007.

I then uninstalled the Office Apps which has done the trick even though to get them to uninstall I had to repair them them first as was getting an uninstall error.

Thanks again,

Graham. ( a very happy retired HP employee).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.