Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
SPEN-HP-01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I recently purchased a HP Pavilion x360 (15-bk163dx) laptop for use at college. I purchased the laptop because of its capability to use a pen/stylus to hand write notes and have them converted to text. When I purchased my laptop, the Best Buy Tech employee told me that the pen compatible with my device was the bamboo ink, which I bought but learned it was actually not compatible. I returned the pen and asked them what pen I could actually use with my laptop. They told me that the HP Pen (SPEN-HP-01) would work, so I purchased that one. 

However, I have the pen here and it will not work on my laptop. I changed the battery but nothing happens when I touch the tip to the screen like it is supposed to. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if the pen they told me would work was the wrong pen. 

If anyone knows what stylus/pen works with my  HP Pavilion x360 (15-bk163dx) or how to make the HP Pen (SPEN-HP-01) connect that would be a huge help!

(For reference the pen has two circle buttons near the tip of the pen)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may require touch panel FW upgrade. Pls go to HP support website to download the update. Note that there are two--1 is FHD; the other is HD. Pls ensure you download the correct one. thanks!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-bk100-x360-convertible-pc/12499216/m...

I work for HP; I'm here to help.

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'** Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.