07-29-2019 02:30 AM
I have a new Deskjet 2620 HP Printer...
It worked perfectly the last month, and all of the sudden the black ink cartridge wount work. The printer detects that the cartridge is only half empty now!
But I can't seem to get it working again...
Any advise, I don't want to buy a new cartridge if that is not the probleme...
07-31-2019 09:34 AM
@Silver_Cluster, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Try making a Standalone Black copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if it is a hardware or a driver issue.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, Perform step 5 and 4 respectively from this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee