Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-28P9S26O
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop name is LAPTOP-28P9S26O

My battery is getting drained very fast. When I charged it fully to 100% and remove the charger, after that it come down to 90% within 20 minutes, and then the system shut down.  Before one month it was getting shut down when the battery reached to 30%, then it starting shut down when battery reached to 40%, then 50%,....... and now when it reached to 90% it get shut down. Please solve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ABDAL1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the battery issue.

Try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, perform a battery test and calibrate the battery. Refer to this document for steps - HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the above solution provided by you last week. But it didnt work for my laptop. i still cant work without electricity.

HP Recommended

Hi @ABDAL1

Try to re-install  Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery -

1. In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”. 
2. Expand “Batteries”. 
3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
4. Click on “Uninstall”. 
5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 
6. Shutdown the computer. 
7. Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in. 
8. When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 
9. Go to Device Manager. 
10. Expand Batteries. 
11. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
12. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Repeat the same steps for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the above solution, and now  charging my laptop fully i can work for 30 minutes after removing the charger. Still the problem is not solved. Now whenever i open my laptop, i got the message that your battery need to be replace.

HP Recommended

@ABDAL1

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the battery replacement. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.