Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 22er monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!

I have just set up my new HP 22er Display monitor.  I connected the HDMI from the monitor to my Asus laptop.  There is no port on the laptop (18 months old) for the VGA connectors, but the sales guy assured me that HDMI will serve all the needs, and that the VGA connector (that was in the box) is not needed.  Good; that makes things less fussy.  There is NO SOUND, however.  

When I click the monitor's on/off button, all's well, except that the VGA info says 'Inactive'.  Now what?

Thanks!

Paulette

PS I *think* my OS is MS Windows 10 (32 bit), but it might be (64 bit).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

yes you can use the sound from the laptop. Right-click on the speaker icon in lower right of desktop and click on playback devices. Now you will see the different playback devices. Right-click on speakers (high definition audio or similar) and set as default option. It will probably be set to HDMI playback device. You need to do this with monitor connected to laptop. I would also recommend maybe getting a small pair of external speakers which will probably sound better than monitor speakers.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to forum.

Apparently the monitor does not have speakers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-21-inch-displays/7274735/model/10402848/document/c051...

If it is an opposite case, perform: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-21-inch-displays/7274735/model/10402848/document/c0128...

More info:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Monitor-Input-Signal-Not-Found/td-p/63...

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

@GOLD_MASTERwrote:

Apparently the monitor does not have speakers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-21-inch-displays/7274735/model/10402848/document/c051...

That is indeed my new monitor.  Hmmm...no speakers! :Crying:

No wonder the price was reasonable.  Before I give up and return the monitor for one with internal speakers, is there a way that I can use the sound from the laptop?  (Is there an HDMI cable that separates video and sound -- or a way to connect the VGA cable that came with the monitor?)  It might not be as 'polished' as an external sound system, but I'd be content with the sound from the laptop only. 

Thanks,

P

HP Recommended

Hi,

yes you can use the sound from the laptop. Right-click on the speaker icon in lower right of desktop and click on playback devices. Now you will see the different playback devices. Right-click on speakers (high definition audio or similar) and set as default option. It will probably be set to HDMI playback device. You need to do this with monitor connected to laptop. I would also recommend maybe getting a small pair of external speakers which will probably sound better than monitor speakers.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

WooHoo, David!

It worked.  And it's perfect.  Thank you!

Paulette

HP Recommended

Your welcome Paulette.

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks very much.  Your answer was the solution.  You're the best.

P.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution. That was really helpful.

HP Recommended

Thank You 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.