Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s-dk0028AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello 

I’m interested in buying a laptop from trade me but says in the description that the fan is louder than normal, can this be considered a fault or will it becomes a problem? Also when searching this as particular model on line doesn’t seem to be sold anymore even though the seller states that it was only purchased last year, is this normal ?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it is normal for a model series to only be produced for a year or less.

HP is constantly releasing new models all the time.

I could not find any info on the fan being noisy, but that is a possibility, and it could be annoying.

That may be one of the reasons the person is selling it.

I can also tell you from experience having a similar model (HP 255 G7) with A4-9125 processor, 8 GB of memory and a 256 GB SSD, that it is a marginal performing notebook.

My notebook's fan is not noisy, but that may be model-specific.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.