Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received this new pen in the mail today, as the one that came with mine was broken in box and I had to go through a long and tedious process of getting wrong parts and finally getting the actual pen from HP. I use Paint Tool SAI as well, and I have also been trying out a trial of Painter 2018, as I think I may like to use it for college work. This is a laptop meant for college work, as I am a graphic design student, so the lack of pressure in programs I use regularly such as SAI is concerning. It DOES work for Photoshop, however, but I generally don't use Photoshop for illustrations.

I have tried all of the options you have listed above, restarted my laptop, double checked everything, and have tried to manage these programs with my pen in and out of tablet mode. I have not found any solution to the pen pressure problem, but I know that this HAS to work with at least some of my programs, as I have seen reviews where people are using pressure sensitivity with this pen in these programs. 

My laptop is a HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PC. 

Here are some samples from the programs I work with showcasing the lack of pressure in each one:

Paint Tool SAI:

sai issues.png

Painter 2018:

painter2018 issues.png

What it should be looking like, for example in SAI

sai correct.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.