Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

Got a HP Spectre x360 13-ac001na literally tonight

Using it to create art on a programme called paint tool sai, and i need pen pressure + sensitivity

I have a HP active pen which came with it, and it works on the screen but doesnt have any pen pressure or sensitivity

I can't find a driver for it anywhere so im assuming it was meant to work on its own without a driver maybe?

I also checked whether it would work on paint 3D, and it didn't work there either, it just doesn't produce any pressure

Capture.PNG

pen.png< the pen

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @teapup,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the pen not working correctly. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post regarding the Active pen, I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.exe

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and I was wondering if you were able to fix it. If so, how?

HP Recommended

My HP Active Pen is not working on my HP spectre X360 (the first model that came out).  I've updated Bios and clicked on the link above you suggested.  Still not working.  help!

HP Recommended
So many pen issues and support act is if it is an easy resolution, this is far from the truth I feel that the pen is a con and software is the problem and HP shouldn't be advertising as if it comparable to other functional brands.
HP Recommended

I've purchased two pens, been guided to check this or that list, and have clearly found a compatible pen for my device.  It works perfectly.

And then it doesn't. 

I've replaced the batteries, all of them, the one in the barrel and the blue tooth batteries in the top.  But after a while, the buttons stop working.  And then you come back to the laptop after walking away for awhile, and it just doesn't work at all.  And then my finger doesn't work either.  So the pen not only doesn't work, its not working seems to interfere with the screen in general.

All Bios and firmware is as up to date as possible.  This is a high-end executive-style laptop that needs to function perfectly.  How can I stick my neck out for these devices if they are squirrely?  I'm very disappointed and not looking to jump through any more hoops.  I just re-replaced the batteries and if this doesn't work I am giving up on these laptops and their pens.  Just go with the classic laptop without the touch screen and never have any issues.

Extremely disappointing for $1,500, plus another $120 in two pens purchased.

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Teapup :

Try, with ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05205383

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Mine is just as bad. After about 10 mins the laptop thinks the mouse is at the top left all the time. Agree, when spending and buying the reviewers best laptop it's utterly disappointing. Up there with their $30 printers. 

HP Recommended

Try, from ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05205383

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Rubbish.  Broken link.  Spent $100+ on pens to ensure I had the right one and it just stops working.  Behaves like cheap junk.  Very disappointing.  I will not recommend to future clients.  If they need a pen I'll steer them to another vendor, even though their U.S. service is terrible.  At least their laptops work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.