Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with a shortcut to the HP Support Information.

After pressing (right) Alt s I get the HP Support Information window, in which the Model #, Product #, Serial # etc are displayed.

This shortcut coincides with an important letter in the language that I often use, which is also displayed by (right) Alt s.

How to disable shortcut (right) Alt s for HP Support Information window, so that I can use this shortcut for that important letter instead?

I'd appreciate any help.

Romek

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Hanysek, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to know the shortcut keys to get system information on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you would like to know the shortcut keys to get system information on your PC.

To check the system information on your PC.

You have to press Fn+Esc key or CTRL + ALT + S keys to get the product details.

Or you can type msinfo32 in the search box to get the detailed product information of your PC.

Also, if the function key is disabled on your PC. You have enable the action keys in BIOS to activate the function key.

To disable, or enable, the function key (fn) in the BIOS, do the following steps.
Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
Turn on the computer and immediately press the f10 key repeatedly, about once every second to open the BIOS setup window.
Press the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
Press the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the enter key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
Select the desired mode:
Disabled: Requires pressing and holding the function key (fn) while pressing one of the f1 through f12 keys to use the action indicated on the action key.
For example, on some computer models, if the Action Keys Mode is Disabled, pressing the f11 key will minimize and maximize a web browser if open. Alternatively, pressing and holding the fn + f11 keys will mute the sound.
The action keys may vary depending on the model of notebook.
Enabled: Requires pressing only one of the f1 through f12 keys to use the action as indicated on the action key.
For example, on some computer models, if the Action Keys Mode is Enabled, pressing f11 will mute the sound as indicated on the action key. Alternatively, pressing and holding fn + f11 will minimize and maximize a web browser if open.
The action keys may vary depending on the model of notebook.
Press the f10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.

Refer this document to know more information about keyboard shortcuts on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.