02-23-2019 01:44 AM - edited 02-23-2019 01:49 AM
Recently my HP Support Assistant updated itself to a Windows Store version.
An interface has changed somehow, no flows there.
But when I try to obtain updates to my HP Omen laptop & desktop, HP SA cannot perform an analysis of my system and there are no updates. Version is 22.214.171.124, per say.
Latest check status also showing 'Never'!
Where to dig, dear pals?
02-23-2019 12:49 PM
At this writing, the only reference I can find for HP Support Assistant version 9.x is the version used with "Windows 10 in S mode".
If you are using this version of Windows 10 (S mode), then downloads are restricted to those software applications available in the Windows Store. I don't run this version of Windows 10 on any of my systems. In general, I would suggest the following, which may -- or may not -- be applicable.
If you can find the HP Support Assistant in your Windows Start (windows key) > All Apps list,
Right-Click on the application > More > look for a Settings or Repair / Reset option
You could also try uninstalling the HPSA > Restart the computer and log in > Download and install a new version of the HPSA "S" mode application from the Windows Store.
If your "Windows 10" is the standard installation (not in "S" mode), then you want to use the HP Support Assistant version available at the Website for the software.
Use the "clean up" options to completely remove the existing HPSA version from the computer, then download-save-install a fresh copy of the software.
Procedure Details - HP Support Assistant – Remove and Install
Read sections, then decide how to proceed.
Remove the existing version of HPSA
Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant
After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in
For "complete cleanup” of the old version of the HP Support Assistant:
- When / If asked whether you want to save any of the presets / personal HPSA information, respond to have your personal data associated with the program removed along with the HPSA software.
- HP Solutions Framework is a subset of HPSA.
- FIRST uninstall the HP Support Assistant
- Restart the computer
- Uninstall HP Solutions Framework software from Programs and Features
- Restart the computer and log in.
NOTE: Framework (re)installs with the HPSA
- After the software is uninstalled (and the computer is Restarted), check to ensure the software is actually “gone”.
Settings > Apps > Apps & features >
Scroll down the list, look for HP Support Assistant (and / or HP Support Solutions Framework)
If the stubborn software is found in the list, click and uninstall it, Restart and log in.
Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant
Website / Download
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
- After the software is installed: Restart the computer and log in
Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen
Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"
Click open category HP Help and Support
Right-Click on HP Support Assistant > PIN to Start
Help for HPSA
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.