Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I bought a HP envy x360 laptop and I heard some sound on track pad. Is it normal?

I have attached a video clip too.

https://youtu.be/GQm1nZ31FPg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nits919

Is the Touchpad working fine other than the clicking Noise?

This seems to be a normal function and working as design. If the Touchpad is working fine, then it's working as design since if it was a plastic issue, then that would have affected the Touchpad Functionality and sensitivity

So you have nothing to worry about 

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nits919

Is the Touchpad working fine other than the clicking Noise?

This seems to be a normal function and working as design. If the Touchpad is working fine, then it's working as design since if it was a plastic issue, then that would have affected the Touchpad Functionality and sensitivity

So you have nothing to worry about 

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, the touchpad is working great, but I thought the noise was somewhat irregular. With your reply,  I confirmed nothing is strange.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

@Nits919

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, but after watching a facebook post I got a solution. According to them, it happens due to the displacement of the sensor wire of the trackpad for that we have to open the trackpad and solve the problem. The best way is to go to the service centre of the  Hp world because noobie can harm the other part also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.