Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion (not sure of model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

please bare with me if my wording is wrong or my sentances are muddled up. I have learning difficulties. 

I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge but I'm very new to this and would like a few tips before buying an external graphics card for my hp pavilion laptop. I'm not allowed to buy a pc as my laptop works just grand, but if I were wanting to upgrade the specs to a higher performance level which external graphics card would I need?  Also is there an option to upgrade Ram with an external hard drive? Say I wanted to upgrade to 16GB? 

You can tell I'm a newbie at this can't you? 

Any help would be much apprcaited. 

If you're wondering why I'd like to upgrade:

This probably sounds a bit silly, but my laptop struggles to play most games on low level graphics, giving me low fps and lags constantly. Works perfectly for office work and can run multiple programs at once, but when it comes to playing sims and minecraft they lag constently. 

Here are my system specs: 

Windows 10 home

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i3-5157U-AAOEM   @2.50GHz

Installed Ram: 8GB

System type: 64 bit 

Graphics card:

Name: Intel(R) Iris(TM)Graphics 6100

Chip Type: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Family

any advice would be greatly apprcaited. Thank you. (p.s: not even sure if this is in the right place, if so I apologise.)

Many thanks

Sarah B

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SarahLouB,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can upgrade the RAM and the graphics card on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

To you with the upgrade details I need the exact model your computer. Follow the steps in the below article to find the model of your computer.

http://hp.care/2fzXWAI

Looking forward to your reply and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear The_Fossette,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late reply back. I haven't been on since last time I posted. 

The video was very helpful and allowed me to find me model number on my acutal laptop.

Here are the numbers:

Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook

Product Number: K4E58EEA#ABU

Seriel Number: 5CD54481HT

Total memory: 8GB

Processor name: Intel (R) Core(TM) i3-5157U @2.50ghz

Thank you very much for your help. It's much apprcaited. 

Best wishes,

from Sarah.

HP Recommended

Hi @SarahLouB,

Thank you for the information.

Please refer to the below service guide for the graphics and memory upgrade information.

http://hp.care/2gT9bUM

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.