01-03-2020 09:01 AM - edited 01-03-2020 09:02 AM
Hp laptop Model 15-db05985a
Takes forever to start up maybe 40min sometimes, then when I log on it will just sit on a black screen... have 'to keep restarting it
Nothing on the laptop only a few pictures and an excel spreadsheet.
Bought September 2018
I have run a system quick test and everything said passed
01-06-2020 11:13 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Next step run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629 this should speed up your computer performance.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee