Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example:hp scan
macOS 10.14 Mojave

my hp photosmart 7520 printer worked after the upgrade but HP Scan has to be reinstalled.  How do i reinstall hp scan?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dfm191

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

HP Scan application is located in the Applications folder on Mac. We can remove the existing scanner application from the Applications folder and then install HP Easy Scan. HP Easy Scan is designed specifically for use with your HP scanner or multifunction printers. 

1.) Open Finder, click Applications.

2.) Delete the existing HP scanner applications by moving it to trash. (If you don't see HP Scan in the Applications folder, proceed to next step)

3.) Download and install HP Easy Scan from here

Instruction on how to use HP Easy Scan can be found here

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.