Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Me and my colleagues use Catia v5 at home via HP Z central boost, we mostly have 3 configuration among the team and one configuration is not performing well.

Setup 1: Sender : HP z2g4 (quadro), Receiver HP thin client prodesk 400 = good performance (reach 60 fps regularly)

setup 2: Sender : old Hp Z420 (firepro), Receiver HP thin client prodesk 400 = good performance (reach 60 fps regularly)

Setup 3: Sender: Zbook g6 (Quadro t2000), Receiver HP thin client prodesk 400 = not satisfactory framerate (seems to max at +-20fps)

-I did change the parameters in the sender config to remove limitation of framerate, no changes.

-On my home configuration, I can switch from config 2 and 3 alternatively, and the OLD z420 with old firepro is giving better FPS than my newest configuration with the zbook g6

-In all the cases, using "standard" resolution (1920 x1080) one single screen (on site zbook screen deactivate)

When I first tested  configuration 3 via hp central boost at the office for a few minutes before leaving for home, I did noticed low FPS (below30) even on LAN, no VPN involved.

Any idea where to look for to trouble shoot?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you tell me what version of Remote Boost you have on your sender and receiver?  I would like to investigate this.  Will get PM enabled for you as I would like to gather more details, and not have it on the forum.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks Kelly,

I search a bit for the PM option and can't find it to reach you directly, I did accept you as a friend.

As for version of remote boost,

receiver is: 20.1.0.26348

Sender, I could only get info from the readme file, (sender manager had no information): 2020.1 (on both sender configuration tested)

Eric

HP Recommended

Let me check on your PM status.  I have to request it.  You can find your sender version by looking in the system tray on the task bar and right clicking on the Remote Boost icon and choosing about.

KellyRGS_0-1645217586556.png

KellyRGS_1-1645217629511.png

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Got it Kelly, see info below for all senders configuration we are using (all identical) , as stated initially, only the G6 zbook sender has a low refresh cap between 20-30 fps in the receiver interface on hp prodesk thin client

G6 Zbook: (windows 10)

HP ZCentral Remote Boost Sender
Version: 20.1.0.26348
Build Date: Oct 9 2020
License Version Date: 2019.1101
© Copyright 2004-2020 HP Development Company, L.P.

HPZ420 (windows 7)

© Copyright 2004-2020 HP Development Company, L.P.

HPZ2G4 (Windows 10)

© Copyright 2004-2020 HP Development Company, L.P

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.