Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z440 / Z4G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Requiring question / problem but with a TWIST 🙂

Getting the (obvious) error: Advanced Features activation failed ; Activation failed for RGS sender and receiver. Internet access is required to activate HP Velocity and the Advanced Video Compression feature....

Ain't the RGS software FREE of charge on the Z series computer?  If yes, why is it that it requires to be activated?

Isn't the activation based on BIOS system / computer model?

Our clients working in an environment where internet access is not permitted.

Thank you for your support

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Licensing is based on the the model of the Sender but activation is required for all RGS 7.  We'll reach out  to get a manual activation for you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello,  We do have a manual activation process.  I will reach out to you in a few minutes on a private email.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you all for your support.

I was told, by our HP representative,  that the activation popup, happens because of some THIRD PARTY software used by RGS software and not the RGS software it self.

A work around you can use in order to bypass the activation option is to DISABLE the HP VELOCITY and the ADVANCED VIDEO COMPRESSION ON SENDER in the PERFORMANCE settings.

Keep in mind that by disabling these options may impact the quality of the image being transferred.  it all depends on your network connection.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.