Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP z400 and Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

10-30-17 15:39:55 13212(11176) WARN  - QtWarning: QWindowsContext: OleInitialize() failed:  "COM error 0x80010106 RPC_E_CHANGED_MODE (Unknown error 0x0ffffffff80010106)"

When we attempt to connect to HP RGS with the updated RGS client 7.4 (from 7.3) we get the above error. Please note, both RGS sender and receiver are updated to 7.4 version.

10-30-17 15:20:34 4764(10772) INFO  - # HP Remote Graphics Receiver Version: 7.4.0.13800    Build Date: Oct  5 2017

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For us, this seemed to be resolved by turning off HP velocity. Once we turned off velocity all connections were restored and working. This solution was provided by Kelly RGS while working with us on a different post.

In addition make sure you are running the appropriate bit version. X86 or x64, for whatever is appropriate for your system. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You don't mention what OS but if it was Windows, which version of RGS 7.4.0 did you update to?  Is your OS x86 or x64 bit?  We have released a 64 bit version of RGS as well as a 32 bit for Windows.  Windows version of RGS will be migrating to 64 bit only in the near future.

Thanks!

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt response Kelly,

Since we use the old HP allocation manager (SAM) we have to stick with the (x86) version of 7.4 on Windows 7(x64). If we upgrade to x64 the allocation manager (3.2.1.1105051) cannot recognize the protocol or version on our senders. I've tried to get an updated version of allocation manager; however, HP ifnormed us  they didn't keep any of the software when they dumped it.

In short, on Windows 7(x64) Enterprise Edition SP1 we are running 7.4 (x86) so that it works with HP Session Allocation Manager (3.2.1.1105051).

NOTE: even without using the HP allocation manager (direct connect from receiver 7.4 (x86) to sender 7.4(x86) using the RGS protocol) we receive the same error.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional details.  Let me look into this for you, and see if we can get this to work for you.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

For us, this seemed to be resolved by turning off HP velocity. Once we turned off velocity all connections were restored and working. This solution was provided by Kelly RGS while working with us on a different post.

In addition make sure you are running the appropriate bit version. X86 or x64, for whatever is appropriate for your system. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.