Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
N/A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I was just seeing if there was any way to activate the "Advanced Video Compression" feature on RGS 7.4 without having internet access.

Getting the (obvious) error: Advanced Features activation failed ; Activation failed for RGS sender and reciever. Internet access is required to activate HP Velocity and the Advanced Video Compression feature.

Working in an environment where internet access is not permitted, just seeing if there were any other options. Thanks in advance for the help and input!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

We do have a manual activation process.  We provide tools that you would run on the appropriate OS (Windows or Linux) and then send the output back.  That is then ran through our manual activation process, and a file is then created, and sent back to you to load on each system that you want the Advanced Features activated on (HP Velocity and AVC).  Let me know if this is something you would like to do.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Kelly, thanks a bunch for your response. That's definitely something we are interested in and would like to do. I also have another quick question, is there any way to adjust the Frame Rate manually with HP Velocity and Advanced Video Compression Enabled? When both are enabled the Mbit/s is around 1-3 for a HD video at 1920 x 1200, and FPS is about 7-12, which is giving an extremely choppy output but image quality is fine. Once again thank you for your time and help.

HP Recommended

Yes there are ways to improve performance.  On the rgreceiverconfig file or optionally in the ReceiverConfigApp.exe, both are located in the directory where RGS is installed.  Look at the Image update request.   Also, on the SenderConfigApp.exe under Image and Display, update the rate from 30 to 60 to see if that also helps.  The user guide has a list of several things you can do for performance optimization. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Good morning Kelly,

I was just reaching out to see what we needed to do to move forward with the manual activiation process of AVC? This would be an extremely helpful solution for us. Thanks so much again for your help and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Just responded to your private email.
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you send me the procedure as well?

Kind regards,

Bert

HP Recommended

Will send you the instructions and provide you with my HP email.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Dear Kelly,

I have the same problem as our HP workstations are within a security critical domain without any access to the outside world.

We rely on effective graphics performance via internal networks as our workstation are locked in a room away from our desk.

Therefore HP RGS is our window to our workstations and I'd like to avtivate the advanced features, if that is possible.

I have downloaded the latest release of sender and receiver (7.6)

How do we proceed?

Kind Regards

Stefan Schmidt

HP Recommended

We do have a manual activation process that I can do for you.  I need to send you the tools along with instructions on how to use it and then have you send back an output file for each system that you ran the tool on.  Keep in mind, every system that will be using RGS (both senders and receivers) must have the tool ran on them.  When using internet access to activate the advanced features, the receiver while connected to a sender, grabs that senders info along with its own and sends it to our activation server.  Activations are done in pairs.  This is a one time activation, however, if the same receiver connects to a different sender the process will happen again.  Just want to make sure you are clear on why we say every system has to be done that will be using RGS.  Will reach out in a private email to get info I need to proceed.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.