Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z4 Workstation / Macbook Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to log in from a Receiver on Mac Pro to HP Z4 workstation sender. Cannot get past the Authorisation window as Authorisation failed even though the credentials are exactly as I would use if I was at the machine. Connection is via port forwarding through the Firewall and have tried various syntax of username:

username

.\username

computername

computername\username

Same happens when trying to connect from other machines even when remoting in to a  Receiver machine sitting on the same network as the Sender machine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It's possible that the firewall is blocking the Sender's UDP port.  Disable  Velocity on the Performance tab of Receiver Settings.  Does that make a difference?

I work on behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Becky and thanks for responding. I tried disabling Velocity on the Receiver machine but the result is the same. I am able to ping the sender machine - there just seems to be some sort of block when it comes to logging in to the machine. I also get a 'Certificate Error' when I first login but the interface seems to let me accept it.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Spearmint,

Looking at the logs you sent, there is this error: ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE, which basically means that the username or password was incorrect. 

We became aware that the presence of non-ASCII characters within RGS has caused some failures for a few users.

Do you think that could be the case for your credentials?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.