Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem as this post

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Remote-Graphics-Software-RGS/Strange-error-with-Avid-Media-Composer...

It will work the first time I connect to the machines with HPRGS, but after I end my session, the only way for it to work correctly again, where media is online in AVID, is to restart the machine.  I tried restarting the Avid MI service but that didn't seem to help either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Changing to "easy login" option in the sender fixed the issue.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is there a way to keep RGS from having windows on the sender machine go back to a user login screen?  That seems to be what is causing the issue, or at least that would give me some sort of work around. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Are you using a user account with access to NEXIS/ISIS to log into the OS?  Had this issue when using a local user that didn't have access to the storage.  Using a domain account that does have read/write onto the storage fixed it for me.

Jon

HP Recommended

We have the same problem here on a couple of machines. We use a Domain account to login on OS. The Nexis Client is preconfigured to log into Nexis with a Avid/Non Domain User. Read/write does work in general. We can write to Nexis. But anything that is already there is offline. 

What is interesting is the fact that the machine is not able to access the media file with the UNC path copied from Interplay Access to Windows Explorer. But if you drill down to the respective file manually you get there without problems. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

It sounds like this is the same issue.  Can you test by using a user in NEXIS with the same credentials as the OS user?  You can then click OS Logon within the NEXIS Client. 

HP Recommended

Changing to "easy login" option in the sender fixed the issue.  

HP Recommended

Thanks to Jhatto and Just10Case for the input. It actually looks like the client ist somewhat using the OS account as a base to access the Nexis. We created a Nexis user with the same credentials like the OS and then it worked. Doesn´t make too much sense to me. Both worlds are completely separated. If my guess is right about the usage of the OS login this is something HP would need to take a look at. In our company we use domain accounts for OS and in general one Editor login for Nexis. We would need to create a nexis user for each edit bay in this case. Not really manageable (we have lots of them). For now we can work around as we need to use HPG only for a very limited covid related workflow.

I´ll try the easy log in setting in the sender too. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.