Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just installed RGSender 7.7.0.20876 on a HP Z820 running win 7 (will upgrade v soon). Installed RGReceiver 7.7.0.20876 on a Mac  book pro 2018 running OS 10.13.6. Setting up a WFH. At home clients will have MAC trying to connect to HP Workstations in the office

When I connect to the HPZ820 from the Mac....I get a black screen. I have scroll bars on the left and the bottom of the screen and that is it. When I go to the menu and select Send ctrl-Alt-Del nothing appears. Enable set up mode changes the screen from black to grey. 

Odd thing is....this setup is working on 10machines and not on 5. 15 machines in total. All the machines are the same hardware model and software set up due to the fact that thses machines are Avid editing machines...therefore same versions of applications and drivers across all machines. 

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you sender is headless, using NVIDIA graphics and Windows, enable our headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file located where RGS is installed.  Make sure you have privileges to edit the file.  If your sender is not headless, what NVIDIA driver do you have installed.  There are times when certain drivers have caused black screens and moving to a different driver resolves that issue.  Are you trying to have the sender match the Mac receiver's display?  Could you give me more details on the setup you have?

Sender

What graphic card and driver are you using?

Headless?

If not headless, how many display(s) and resolution(s)?

Power settings for display(s)?

Receiver - Mac

Are you using the Retina display or do you have external monitor attached?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.