Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z850
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I setup my sender workstation to blank the screen when I'm connected?.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

According to the manual (and also to my experiments) this is the default behavior of ZCentral. The manual says "with exception of the cursor" but again, in my test here I do not see any cursor on the sender screen.

If for any reason in your case it works differently, you have two possibilities to control this behavior.

1. start the SenderConfigApp.exe in the sender's installation directory. The third option from the General tab allows you to control this behavior
  2. in the rgsenderconfig file uncomment the option
    Rgsender.IsBlankScreenAndInputLockEnabled=1
    (restart the sender service)

In my experiments changing the 1 to a 0 has "unblanked" the sender's screen.

Hope it helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Mtoperzer,

Can I ask what graphics card you are using? We've found that screen blanking works by default with Nvidia Quadro cards, but it doesn't work with non-Quadro cards, such as Titans or RTX1080's, etc.

Steve

HP Recommended

Of course you can ask.

I have done the test a few minutes ago while I was writing the message.

The sender system is:

i7-9700KF

ASRock Gaming Z390

nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Win10 1909

nVidia Driver 457.30

HP Recommended

Remote Boost and RGS 7 default settings are to blank the sender.  We actually blank the sender once the user has logged in.  You can change the setting by using the SenderConfigApp.exe on Windows or senderconfigapp.sh on LInux senders.  When you make the change, you will be prompted to restart the sender service.  This needs to be done in order to have the changes take effect.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I tried both behaviors but my sender screen still remains unblanked.

What can I do?

HP Recommended

...if you really stopped the sender service, changed the line in the rgsenderconfig to what is stated here above, restarted the sender service and still screens did not blank, then you need somebody much more savvy than me...

In my cases (and I have tried ALL scenarios, QUADRO, GeForce) it has always worked as described in the manual.

HP Recommended

What version and build of Windows 10 are you on? 

What version of Remote Boost or RGS are you using?

A fix was done for RGS in RGS 7.7.2 for Windows 10 (Version 2004) for a screen-blanking issue that was broken by Microsoft with their new release.  The latest release for Remote Boost is 20.1.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.