Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z840
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We're using Zcentral Remote Boost 2020.0, sender is a Win7 Z840 with two monitors connected. 

On our Receiver, and we've seen this on a laptop and on a Surface Pro, when we run a Full Screen session and minimize it, after a while with it Minimized, when we restore it to full screen, we can't interact with the Sender desktop. It looks fine, and the mouse pointer moves across the screen, but nothing we can do will allow us to click and interact with the Sender's desktop.

The toolbar shows the Kbit/sec (hovers around 120-250kbps when this happens) but the fps is stuck on 0 and we can't interact with the display.

If we hit the X on the toolbar to kill the session and re-connect, everything is fine.

Through some experimentation, I found that in some places on the screen the arrow changed to a hand or a Text Input cursor. But this did not align with the desktop I am seeing from the Sender. By clicking and trying to interact this way, although visually nothing changed, I was doing something... because when I killed the session and reconnected, now I had started Windows Media Player, even though it wasn't running before I minimized. 

So what I think is happening is I have a Receiver single screen display, but because my Sender has two monitors connected, when I come out of Minimized, visually I am seeing my original desktop, but mouse wise I am interacting with the 2nd desktop on the Sender which I can't see.

Is there a workaround for this, other that disconnecting every time and re-connecting?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Cstuckless,

There is a chance that the behavior you are seeing could be related to known issues using Nvidia's GPU, which have been fixed with driver updates.

If that could be your case, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers from HP installed.

Here's a link for the Z840 drivers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-z840-workstation/6978842

You can find more drivers at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/

Let me know how it goes and, if the problem persists, I can contact you privately requiring logs and more information about your system for a further look on this issue.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

We're running 430.64 because that's the latest our ISV has certified. But I will try the newest from HP's download site and see if that makes a difference and report back.

Thx 

HP Recommended

Lizzy_G, 

I tried the latest Win7 Nvidia driver from HP on my Sender - 441.12.

When I minimize and wait a few seconds and maximize again, I can't interact with the Sender. When I hover over Desktop icons, nothing happens.The mouse has no effect interacting with any open windows. Through experimentation, I have realized I can click on Taskbar icons and launch the apps although visually I don't see the icon highlight nor do I see the app when it launchs - I do get a circle/spinner mouse pointer after clicking the Taskbar icon, so I know it's starting the app. Like I said I don't see it launch, but when I kill the session and go back in, the app is now on my Desktop when it wasn't before.

The only way to get the Desktop to act normal again is to kill the session and start a new one.

What logs can I send you to help troubleshoot this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.