Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z6 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We're new to ZCentral so please bear with me! 🙂

We are having various issues which seems to be down to when a user is trying to use ZCentral in a multi-screen set-up. Users who have a single screen don't seem to suffer the issues.

Issues we have in a multi-screen set-up are:

- Inconsistant connection to to a sender, where CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work.

- The Receiver screen stretches from the main screen and takes up half the second screen.

We multi-screen with extended Windows 10 desktops, often with different resolutions. For example, I have a 24" E243i (1920 x 1200) and the screen of my laptop (1920 x 1080).

Is it possible to have/force the ZCentral screen on the receiver to only display on one of our displays, as RDP does, rather that trying and be clever and use the second screen as well.

We are running on Windows 10 LTSC 1809.

The versions of ZCentral we are using are:

Reciever - 20.0.0.23427

Sender - 20.0.0.23427

Many thanks in advance for any advise you can give!!

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can you tell me a little more about your sender setup.  Is it headless or does it have displays attached?  If you use the setting "Set Sender display(s) to match Receiver display(s) you will see the sender across all displays.  Keep in mind that both sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested. 

Another option is to use the receiver properties which allows you to specify how you want the sender to be displayed, which is the third option in the Receiver GUI settings.  These properties have to be added to the rgreceiverconfig file which is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Receiver.  Make sure you have editing privileges to the file, otherwise you will get prompted to do a Save As, and it will save the new file as a text file, and things will not go well.

There is also another property that you can add that tells the sender which display on the receiver you want it to appear on.

Below is a single display that I built for only one of my two displays on the receiver side.  So say that I had two 1920x1200 displays on my receiver.  This setup tells the sender that I only want it to match my receiver display properties that I have created which is for one display and I only want the sender to appear on my first display.  First display would be 0, 0 and the second would be 1920, 0.

Rgreceiver.Display.1.X=0

Rgreceiver.Display.1.Y=0

Rgreceiver.Display.1.Width=1920

Rgreceiver.Display.1.Height=1200

Rgreceiver.Display.1.Orientation=0

Rgreceiver.Session.0.RemoteDisplayWindow.X=0

Rgreceiver.Session.0.RemoteDisplayWindow.Y=0

If I wanted my second display viewable only on my second display, I would change the last two

properties  in the above list to X=1920 and Y=0.

Hope this makes sense.  Will reach out in private email to follow up.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

The sender in this instance is headless, but we will have senders that have monitors attached and users who have different monitors set-ups to me. But for the moment, we can try it out with this headless sender.

My Receiver has two screens. My main display is a 1920x1200 E243i 24" monitor and the 2nd display is the 1920x1080 screen of my 830 G6 laptop, which is set as being directly below my main screen. The Windows 10 desktop is extended across the two monitors.

If you can let me know the settings I need to put in the file so that the Sender only displays on the 1920x1200, I can try it, and then get my head around how we will do it for other users.

Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.