Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z64
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello supporter

I'm facing a problem when using the HP Zcentral remote boots and connect. 

I've installed the HP Zcontrol on my workstation HP-Z64 and my laptop.

When I power off the monitor display on my workstation, i cannot remote control the workstation from my laptop,

so that I have to turn on the monitor and then i can use it again.

My monitor display is HP ELite E240.

Could you guide me how to use the remote without let the the monitor of workstation be  alway on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turning off the display will cause Remote Boost to lose the EDID from the display, so what you will get is a black screen.  We have a built in headless property (can only be used on Windows and NVIDIA Quadro graphic cards) but you cannot have a display attached, or at least seen by Remote Boost for this property to load and work for you.  

If you want to keep the display attached but turned off, I would use the NVIDIA control panel to load the EDID file from the display on the same port that you are currently connected to with that display.  You need to go to system topology to do this.

I have attached some instructions which were generated for our Z4R workstation, but will work for any system provided it is Windows and NVIDIA Quadro graphic card.

Let me know if you still have issues.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Turning off the display will cause Remote Boost to lose the EDID from the display, so what you will get is a black screen.  We have a built in headless property (can only be used on Windows and NVIDIA Quadro graphic cards) but you cannot have a display attached, or at least seen by Remote Boost for this property to load and work for you.  

If you want to keep the display attached but turned off, I would use the NVIDIA control panel to load the EDID file from the display on the same port that you are currently connected to with that display.  You need to go to system topology to do this.

I have attached some instructions which were generated for our Z4R workstation, but will work for any system provided it is Windows and NVIDIA Quadro graphic card.

Let me know if you still have issues.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

My problem is solved.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.