Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Tangle Ripple
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hello, 

I am having issues connect a Tangent Ripple Panel from my Mac OS running Catalina RGS 7.7 and my other Mac Running Big Sur RGS 2020 to a Windows 10 PC RGS 7.7.2 Desktop. Ive installed the drivers for the Panel on all three OS's but still can't connect. Ive tried using the applications Colorfront EXD and DaVinci Resolve to test the panels remotely but its doesn't work. 

For my other test, I setup a Windows 10 PC RGS 7.7.2 Laptop to connect to my Windows 10 PC RGS 7.7.2 Desktop and I was ABLE to get my Tangent Ripple Panel to work remotely and work on Colorfront EXD. 

So my issue I'm having is only on a Mac to PC connection. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mac does not support Remote USB which is required for remoting a device to a Windows sender.  Remote USB is only supported on Windows and ThinPro receivers.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Will this ever get fixed?

Why does my mouse and keyboard work but not my other devices?

HP Recommended

Mouse and keyboard are automatically used for input on Remote Boost, no need to remote them.  However, if you want to remote a specialty device like a 3DConnexion mouse, or specialty keyboard, then that device has to be sent over from the receiver to the sender.  I get requests for Remote USB for Linux quite often, and now starting to get the request for Macs.  I am happy to pass along the feature request.  I will reach out in PM to gather more info shortly.  Need to get PM capability enabled for you.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.