Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Linux

When a HP-RGS session is running and a second session is started to the same rgsender with the same username, the first session is terminated instantly.

Is there a configuration option to avoid this?

For example, can the sender be configured in a way, that it does not allow a second connection with the same username?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, we don't have a way to have two sessions with the same user running at the same time.  Is there a particular use case for this?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

The use case is as follows: There are two or more computers from which an RG sender can be accessed, and there is a shared user account, that all users know. If one user is logged in from one computer, and another user logs in from another, seperated computer, he does not know about the first user. He then uses the same, shared credentials.

This results in the first user beeing kicked out of his session without prior notice.

Is there a possibility, to just not allow the second user to connect to the sender, when the first one is already logged in?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thanks for the use case!  This is very helpful.  I want to see what our current behavior is and whether there are any properties that can be modified.  Get back to you shortly on this, working on a couple of forum issues in my lab.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Any news on that?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello, I have reproduced what you are seeing and have discussed the issue with RGS R&D.  We are looking into this issue as we do look for a different user but not when the same user logs in.  Will reach out to you in a private email so you can reach me directly at HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.