Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! 

Just wondering on the sender side when disabling the option "Enable monitor blanking on sender computer when a remote user connects"when you connect with a mac receiver it doesn't seem to blank out the screen. Only applies to windows to windows however someone had mention this could be achieved on the Mac side but in the user guide it doesn't mention of anything about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Little confused on what you want.  When disabling the screen blanking on the sender, if a display is attached, your sender is now visible on the display, and the input blocking is no longer being blocked.  If you are not using the "Set sender to match receiver displays" you will get a mismatched screen, the half screen at the log in.  You can use the receiver tool bar to make the log in screen go borderless and/or full screen.  Once you log in, then you should have a full display, and the sender displays should not be blanked out.  Are you saying that when using a Macbook (laptop?), your sender screen is blanked?  I would not expect this as the property is sender side only.  What version of Windows do you have on your Sender, and what version of Remote Boost are you using on both Sender and Receiver?  What OS version is on your Mac.  I would like to look into this.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So after figure out what was the issue. If you have a macbook without any external monitor and deselect "Enable monitor blanking on sender computer when a remote user connects" on the rgsserviceconfig. the senders monitors will go blank. However if you have a external monitor attached it will not go blank and will only show 1/2 of the screen. If you select on the receiver side of the mac "Do not change the sender display(s)" the screen will not go blank but that defeats the purpose of you trying to get the monitors to match on the receiver side without any type of boarders on the side.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Little confused on what you want.  When disabling the screen blanking on the sender, if a display is attached, your sender is now visible on the display, and the input blocking is no longer being blocked.  If you are not using the "Set sender to match receiver displays" you will get a mismatched screen, the half screen at the log in.  You can use the receiver tool bar to make the log in screen go borderless and/or full screen.  Once you log in, then you should have a full display, and the sender displays should not be blanked out.  Are you saying that when using a Macbook (laptop?), your sender screen is blanked?  I would not expect this as the property is sender side only.  What version of Windows do you have on your Sender, and what version of Remote Boost are you using on both Sender and Receiver?  What OS version is on your Mac.  I would like to look into this.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the late reply and confusion. You are correct about "set senders to match receiver displays" if you have that selected on the system preferences and your resolutions that are mismatched on the receiver side then it will be half blanked out due to the screens not supporting mismatched resolutions. Yes, say if I have my mac laptop and a external monitor attached that supports the resolution on the sender machine and have the option of the screen not blanking out when signed into the system then one half of the displays will still be not blanked out due to the resolution being supported on the sender side will the mac laptop side of the monitor will be blanked . I had a windows machine on the sender side that had the option on and when the receiver was using a windows based system with matching monitors and supported resolution the screen would not blank out. I only bring this up cause due to people working from home and different resolutions based on their home setup. OS I'm running for both is windows 10 and Mac OS it varies to Big sur to Mojave. Hope this clears it up

HP Recommended

Apologies for not being on the forum for quite a while.  Do you still want me to look into this for you?

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.