Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS Version: 7.3.2.11099

My configuration:

Receiver: HP RGS  Version: 7.3.2.11099

Hardware: HP ProBook 640 G2  ( w/ build in german keyboard)

But I am using an external US keyboard  ( I tried several ones. Always same effect)

Running win7 operation system

On Win7 I switched to “en”  keyboard. à all keys work perfect on Windows

Sender:

workstation: HP Z800

Running:  Linux RHEL6

The keys I type in on the Linux side are not mapped correctly.

When I switch on Linux to “en” keyboard  

“z”  and “y” are exchanged (like in “de” mode )

Some keys do not work at all ( “+” )

Some keys produce totally wrong results   like “/” à “7”

Even using “de” and “de” on Windows ( receiver) and Linux (sender) I get wrong key mappings.

What is going wrong ? How can I cure this w/o changing hardware ?

In the log file I see the following warnings & infos:

WARN  - QtWarning: Qt: Could not initialize OLE (error 80010106)

INFO  - FeatureRegistration::FeatureRegistration no global registration file.

INFO  - UIDirector::onRegistrationUnsuccessful for RGS Sender and Receiver

INFO  - ACTIVATION STATUS: Advanced Features activation failed!

WARN - QtWarning: QDialog::exec: Recursive call detected
 ERROR - ReceiverRegistrationManager::executeRegistrationProcess: bios uuid for sender and/or receiver failed to register.
ERROR - WindowsReceiverInterrogator::initializeDxvaApi - could not create Direct3d device
INFO - WinSCardReader::connect: Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader 0 protocol: SCARD_PROTOCOL_T1
INFO - ClipboardDeviceSessionIce: clipboard enabled
ERROR - ReceiverSession::createReceiverPenSystem: Pen Sender Data not retrieved from registry, defaulting to disabled.
ERROR - WinLocalCpb::update: could not update clipboard, RgsOpenClipboard failed.
ERROR - WinLocalCpb::update: could not update clipboard, RgsOpenClipboard failed.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

On Linux systems, you can only have one language keyboard layout.  This will be changing in our next version of RGS which should be out in Sept/Oct 2018. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks for the fast answer. But what does this mean ? 
On which system ( Linux server and/or Windows reciever do I need to remove one keybord layout ( so that only the english one is remaining ) ? Woult this solve the issue  right now ?

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks for the fast answer. But what does this mean ? 
On which system ( Linux server and/or Windows reciever do I need to remove one keybord layout ( so that only the english one is remaining ) ? Woult this solve the issue  right now ?

HP Recommended

On your Linux sender, if you want to type in German, remove the English keyboard layout or vice versa..  The US keyboard should not matter. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.